Boy Scouts of America Troop 17
St. John's Episcopal Church, Roanoke, VA
Upcoming Troop 17 Meetings and Events
- Troop Meeting, Monday July 12th, 6pm to 7:15pm at St. John's Episcopal Church
- Camping Trip to Craig's Creek, Saturday July 17th thru Sunday July 18th (More info will be discussed at the July 12th meeting)
- Troop Meeting, Monday July 26th, 6pm to 7:15pm at St. John's Episcopal Church
- Troop Meeting, Monday August 9th, 6pm to 7:15pm at St. John's Episcopal Church
- Troop Meeting, Monday August 23rd, 6pm to 7:15pm at St. John's Episcopal Church
FYI - First Day of Classes for 21-22
North Cross - Wednesday August 25th
Roanoke City - Tuesday August 24th
Roanoke County - Thursday August 12th
INFORMATION ON PHILMONT
12-Day expedition will arrive at Philmont on: 6/25/2022 and will depart Philmont on 7/7/2022
The 12-Day Reservation fee is $1,295.00/person with payment schedule as follows:
Deposit of $150.00/person due 1/30/2021
Advance of $572.50/person due 10/1/2021
Balance of $572.50/person due 3/1/2022
All payments must be made by check (credit/debit cards are not accepted) payable to Philmont Scout Ranch, 17 Deer Run Rd, Cimarron, NM 87714.
All payments must be accompanied by a Philmont invoice.
To avoid financial risk, please be sure to collect fees in advance from participants.
Keep in mind that 8 participants are required for a minimum crew. We strongly urge that you be conservative to avoid forfeiting fees. You can add participants up to a maximum of 12 in a crew (includes youth and adults) through 3/1/2022.
A crew requires a minimum of 2 adults, 21 years of age or older, with a strong recommendation for 3 adults and 4 being the maximum with a majority being youths.
Youth need to be 14 years old OR 13 years old and completed 8th grade by 6/25/2022.
If you are interested in going to Philmont, please contact Scoutmaster Lawrence.